- Be on time. Arrive 15 minutes before class begins. Latecomers may be denied entrance into the class.
- Turn off cell phones and leave them in the dressing rooms. Smartphones should be locked out of sight in your car.
- Use the time before class to quiet down, stretch, meditate and relax. Maintain silence in the yoga room.
- When finding a spot in the studio, please do so quietly. Please be considerate of those around you.
- Please do not block another person’s view of the mirror. In a full classroom you need only see a portion of yourself in the mirror. Adjust your mat as needed to accommodate others.
- Have clean feet and be perfume free. In consideration for those with sensitivities or allergies, please refrain from wearing perfume, cologne, or strongly scented products in the studio.
- The yoga studio is smoke-free environment. If you do smoke, please shower before class.
- No shoes in the yoga room.
- No gum in the yoga room.
- ABSOLUTELY no glass bottles in the yoga room.
- Do not bring anything but towels, mat and water into the yoga room. Leave bags, purses and all other items in the dressing rooms or in your vehicle.
- San Diego Yoga Center requires that all students must use a mat and large/beach-sized towel (for hot yoga). Students will be required to rent our mat/towel combination if you are missing one or both.
- Please leave valuables at home or locked out of site in your car. San Diego Yoga Center does not accept responsibility for any valuables that are brought in and are lost or stolen.
- Please be silent in the yoga room.
- Listen to instructions. As long as you try the right way, you will receive 100% benefit of the posture.
- Do your very best to stay in the yoga room. If an emergency requires you to leave, please leave and re-enter between postures. When going in and out of classroom, please close the door gently and quietly. Do not leave door open.
- Practice stillness between postures.
- Please do not touch the thermostat, windows, mirrors or any equipment in the room.
- Observe silence after the final savasana. Leave the room quietly, respecting others.
- If you rented a mat or towel, please place them in the towel/mat bins at the end of the hall.
- Be considerate to your fellow yogis and limit your shower time to 2-3 minutes.
- Please wash your mats at home.
- Mind that you have all of your things before leaving. Lost and found is donated regularly.
- Put empty beverage bottles in recycling bins and garbage in garbage cans.
- Enjoy the peace and energy you’ve created for yourself here at San Diego Yoga Center!